Paint + Sip at Nordstrom Fashion Island
- When: Classes take place every other Wednesday, 6 p.m.
- Where: The patio at Bazille located on the bottom level of Nordstrom. (901 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
Join local artist Sarah McCourt as she guides you to creating your very own masterpiece on canvas and enjoy a drink while you paint. For $49 per person, classes include all supplies as well as your first glass of wine or beer in addition to Sunset Hour wine pricing available until 6:30 p.m.
Free Sunset Beach Yoga on Balboa Peninsula
- When: TBD
- Where: Tower 36, Balboa Peninsula
Join Yogi Julie Miller for a free beach yoga session at sunrise, sunset or any time in between. Learn more about the class and how to participate here.
A Simple Evening with Bill Medley: Lido Theater 80th Anniversary Celebration
- When: Wednesday, Aug. 15 (food and drinks at 6 p.m.; concert at 8 p.m.)
- Where: Lido Theater (3459 Via Lido, Newport Beach, CA)
Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Famer Bill Medley will return to Newport Beach, his home of nearly 40 years, to host A Simple Evening with Bill Medley, a benefit concert for Lupus International. This will be the ninth year that Medley has done the concert to honor his late musical partner Bobby Hatfield and his wife Linda, who lost her battle with lupus in 2010. Buy tickets here.
Orange County United Way and Bank of America Present Local, Global & Me, A Women’s Empowerment Series
- When: Wednesday, Aug. 15, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Lincoln Experience Center at Fashion Island (139 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
The free, three-part series kicks off on August 15 with a special panel presentation about building and enhancing Your Personal Brand. Christina Zabat-Fran, Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for St. John, and Skyler McCurine, Personal Branding Thought Leader and Founder of Le Red Balloon, will share their stories on developing personal brands, and discuss how fashion and style affect perceptions. You’ll also learn about the role that local community involvement plays in your own brand story. To attend, send an RSVP to Amanda Hastings at AmandaH@UnitedWayOC.org or (949) 263-6141.
Jezebel: Reception + Movie Showing to Celebrate Lido Theater 80th Anniversary Celebration
- When: Wednesday, Aug. 16 (reception at 6 p.m.; movie at 7 p.m.)
- Where: Lido Theater (3459 Via Lido, Newport Beach, CA)
Lido Theater, in partnership with the Newport Beach Film Festival, will have a special champagne and hors d’oeuvres reception at 6 p.m. followed by a screening of Oscar-nominated Jezebel at 7 p.m.The acclaimed movie starring Bette Davis and Henry Fonda first opened the theater in 1938. Buy tickets here.
First We Surf Then We Eat – A Surf Cookbook Signing Event by Jim Kempton
- When: Aug. 16, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Board Club (408 31st St, Newport Beach, CA 92663)
The Board Club is hosting a special book signing party for Jim Kempton’s new surf travel cookbook, First We Surf Then We Eat. Jim, the former editor of Surfer Magazine and president of the California Surf Museum, will be on hand to sign the book and share his story. Legendary surf photographers Tom Servais and Art Brewer will also join him. Food and drink will be available for attendees to “get a taste” of the book’s many flavors. For $6, attendees can purchase a tasty plate of noodles with vegetables and chicken. Signed copies of Jim’s new cookbook will be available for $29.95 each. Must RSVP using this link: https://first-we-surf-then-we-eat.eventbrite.com
Poker Under the Stars to Benefit the Ben Carlson Foundation
- When: Aug. 17, 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce (4343 Von Karman Ave., Ste. 150-W, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
Join the Newport Chamber for a great night of poker play on the lake! With up to 100 players, the event will feature professional poker tables and dealers. Winners will take home a great selection of prizes. The event will also feature roulette, craps and blackjack for those wanting to enjoy casino action. Food and beverages are included. To register, click here.
Pacific Wine & Food Classic
- When: Aug. 17 – 18, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. for VIP admission; 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. for General Admission
- Where: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach, Ca 92660
This irresistible event offers guests food from 60+ of the best local O.C. chefs serving vibrant summer inspired cuisine. It also includes more than 70 fantastic wines, cold beer and delicious crafty cocktails. Buy tickets here.
StyleWeek OC at Fashion Island
- When: Sept. 14 – Sept. 18
- Where: Fashion Island (401 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
StyleWeek OC returns to Fashion Island this year, Friday, September 14 – Sunday, September 16, 2018. Teaming up with SIMPLY, the definitive style experience will include 3 panel discussions with highly acclaimed experts and influencers in fashion and beauty, including Lauren Bushnell, Lo Bosworth, Louise Roe and more! In addition, there will be pop-up shops featuring celebrity brands, interactive activations throughout the center and in-store parties.
Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival
- When: Oct. 4-7, times vary (see tickets for specific events here)
- Where: Newport Beach Civic Center (100 Civic Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
Newport Beach Wine & Food is the most exclusive, intimate and world-class epicurean lifestyle event in Southern California. You’ll enjoy one-of-a-kind dinners by celebrity chefs and local masters, taste bites from 40 different top restaurants with their executive chefs and sip from over 250 varieties of wines, spirits and craft brews. VIP events, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, master sommelier tasting panels and interactive mixology courses will all be offered throughout the weekend festivities. Purchase tickets here.
Food Network’s Ina Garten at Segerstrom Center for the Arts
- When: Wednesday, Dec. 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Segerstrom Center for the Arts (600 Town Center Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626)
Purchase your tickets to see Ina Garten answer questions about her new book, cook like a pro, life in the Hamptons and filming her Emmy-award-winning show, Barefoot Contessa. Tickets available here.