Calling All Creatives: Submit to the Newport Beach Film Festival
Submissions for the 19th Annual Newport Beach Film Festival, running April 26 through May 3, 2018, are now open. If you’re a filmmaker with something to say and show, now is your opportunity to highlight what you’ve done to a discerning, elite audience of cinemaphiles. Submit your film by Jan. 26, when Late Deadline registration ends. Extended Deadline submissions will be accepted until Feb. 2.
Here are the submission requirements:
• Films must have a completion date of Jan 1, 2016 or later.
• EXHIBITION FORMATS for accepted films in the 2018 NBFF must be DCP with a frame rate of 24. Please contact the festival if you have any questions. NBFF has partnered with Simple DCP (simpledcp.com) to provide discounts to our accepted filmmakers for conversion.
• All non-English language films must have legible English language subtitles.
• The film must not be available on the internet or have been broadcast nationally on cable or satellite television prior to the Festival screening with the exception of the Music Video category.
• Films accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping and customs duties or taxes pre-paid.
• Please note: If you are submitting multiple films, each film must be submitted as a separate entry.