La Vida Cantina, a Mexican oasis on the second level of The Triangle in Costa Mesa is offering a special $20 three-course dinner for Orange County Restaurant Week, which began Sunday, March 4 and extends through Sunday, March 10. (By the way, this dinner price doesn’t include tax or gratuity, and the powers that be at La Vida Cantina say you can’t share plates but it’s still an undeniably good deal.)
Here’s the Orange County Restaurant Week menu at La Vida Cantina, which includes one choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert …
- Esquites (grilled Mexican street corn off the cob)
- Empanadas with Sala Roja Tatemada (charred salsa)
- Queso Fundido
- Ceviche de Camaron
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Mushroom Veggie Tacos
- Corn and Pumpkin Tamales with Pomegranate Mole Sauce
- Sombrero Salad with Grilled Chicken or Steak
- Campechano Tacos
- Carnitas Torta
- Carnitas or Vegetable Medley Sopes
- Shredded Chicken Enchiladas with Mole Sauce
- Chile Verde Pork
- Cochinita Pipil
- House made Churros
- Sopapillas (fried Mexican pastry)
And, as if this extravaganza of Mexican deliciousness wasn’t enough, patrons who participate in Orange County Restaurant Week at La Vida Cantina can also order a house Maestro Dobel Blanco margarita for only $5.
La Vida Cantina serves dinner daily beginning at 4 p.m., as well as Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 6:30 p.m., and a Late Night Happy Hour Thursday through Saturday, from 10 p.m. until midnight.
So, you have the menu, you know the scoop. Only one question remains: Who’s in for dinner?