The brand-new Balboa Island Museum is holding a fundraiser Tuesday, Feb. 12 called “The Rocky Road to Success.” The event will feature a speaker panel of powerhouse local females and serves as the official kick-off for the museum’s women’s networking series.
The discussion, happening from 6-8 p.m. at The Balboa Island Museum (210 Marine Avenue, Newport Beach) will be guest moderated by Kim Bates, a leader in women’s mentorship, coaching, and empowerment, who is also the founder of The WSDM® (Wisdom) Salon Series for Women.
Throughout the evening, panelists will share their successes but more importantly, their failures as well as the tough life lessons they learned and challenges they faced before reaching their goals. As the official Balboa Island Museum announcement explained, “We will be getting real about the price of success for women.” The museum also said attendees can expect these influential and inspiring women to “share their personal stories to light up the hearts, minds, and souls of the audience.”
- Melissa Friebe: SVP, Brand Marketing & Consumer Insights, Taco Bell
- Stefanie Farnsworth Salem: CEO and Founder, Newport Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Daphne Freeman: SVP Sales & Events at Urban Decay
- Nancy Dahan: Partner at Brown & Dahan LLP
- Danielle Kennedy: Actress, author, and lover of life
- Annie Winger: Former COO and CFO of BVaccel
To attend, the Balboa Island Museum requires a minimum $30 but a $50 donation guarantees new membership to the museum. (Seats are limited, so sign up ASAP!)
Click here to register.
Following the panel, the event will include an optional social and networking event nearby the museum on Balboa Island.