It’s that time of year again … the ghosts of Halloween are already bygone things of the past and now we dive head first into the twinkly, festive mood of the holiday season! First step? Well, for Newport Beach boat owners that means entering your prized vessel in the 110th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade. The 2018 parade is hosted by the Commodores Club of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce with support community sponsors, The City of Newport Beach and Visit Newport Beach, Inc. More than 100 boats are expected to spectacularly light up the bay this Christmas and if you haven’t yet seen them sail in all their illuminated splendor, you’re missing out.
The New York Times even hailed the Christmas Boat Parade as “one of the top ten holiday happenings in the nation.” And Yahoo! Travel called it the #2 Best Destination in the Country for Holiday Lights.” (And who wants to be No. 1 when you can be No. 2? We’ve got plenty of room to reach the top.)
So, if you own a boat and want to take part in the Christmas Boat Parade, here’s what you need to know about entering:
Registration costs only $35 and not only makes you officially part of the parade, but automatically enters you into the competition for some stellar awards, including:
- Sweepstakes Winner – The Bill Lusk Award
- Sweepstakes Winner – Non Commercial
- Best Humor & Originality (1st – 3rd )
- Best Use of Lights (1st – 3rd )
- Best Animation/Special Effects (1st – 3rd )
- Best Music
- Best Sail Boat
- Best Power Boat
- Best Boat under 30 ft.
- Best New Entry
- Best Yacht Club Entry
- Most Entries from a Yacht Club
Registered Boaters Receive:
- Commemorative 2018 Parade Burgee and Plaque
- Complimentary 60-day Sea Tow Membership
- Simple Green V.I.P. Cleaning Kit
(Distributed at skippers meeting while supplies last)
- Name and Boat Listed on the Christmas Boat Parade Website
- Name and Boat Mentioned During Broadcast on Newport Beach TV
To learn more about the history of the 110th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade, click here.